The Abbot Library is pleased to offer two spaces for use by the general public: a Meeting Room for large groups and a Conference Room for small groups. Both Rooms are available during hours when the library is open. Please note that meetings must adjourn a minimum of 15 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
To see available dates for the Meeting Room and Conference Room, please click on the
Link to Calendar
Reservations should be made in advance by calling 781-631-1481.
The lower level Meeting Room accommodates 100 chairs and has an audiovisual system, including a wall-mounted projection screen. There also is a movable podium. Kitchen facilities are available nearby. The room rental fee is $25. All events must be free of charge and open to the public.
The upper level Conference Room seats 8 -10 people around a table and can accommodate up to 15 people. There are a black board and a white board in the Room. The room rental fee is $10. All meetings must be free of charge and open to the public.
- Library programs and events have priority for Meeting and Conference Room use.
- Groups associated with the Library, such as the Friends of the Library, the Board of Trustees, etc. may use the Meeting and/or Conference Room at no charge.
- Official Town Departments and Committees may use the Rooms at no charge.
- Groups which are co-sponsoring a program with the Library will not pay a fee.
- Checks for fees are to be made payable to the Town of Marblehead at the rate of $25.00 for the Meeting Room and $10.00 for the Conference Room.
- All programs, meetings, etc. must be open to the general public.
- No admission fees may be charged or donations solicited, with the exception of the Friends of the Library and the Second Century Fund. No donations of money or other property may be solicited or collected from the audience. No promotions or sales of services, products, merchandise, materials or other items are allowed.
- Commercial entities or professional practitioners may rent a library meeting room to provide an educational program open to the general public, related to their field of expertise. In such a case, an educational opportunity offered by an expert provides benefit to the public and visibility to the presenter. During such a program, no attempt may be made to sell a specific product or service offered by the entity or practitioner or any other commercial interest, at the time of the program or in the future. Therefore, the individual or entity offering the program is asked not to hand out business cards or brochures promoting any business, product or service and not to request personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) from the program participants, either as part of a pre-registration process or during the program itself.
- Any material advertising a program to be held in the Meeting Room must make it clear that the Abbot Public Library is not a sponsor. All publicity material must be submitted for approval prior to distribution.
- There is no charge for the use of kitchen facilities. Light refreshments may be served, but groups may not prepare food on Library property. Groups are responsible for cleanup and for the cost of replacing any lost or damaged equipment.
- Authors and entertainers presenting Library-sponsored programs are permitted to sell books, tapes, CDs and DVDs as applicable.
- The library is not responsible for theft of or damage to property brought into a Library meeting room.
- At this time, the Library’s meeting rooms are not available for birthday and anniversary parties, weddings, memorials, or other personal celebrations.
- Rooms are not available for tutoring purposes.