OCTOBER 2020 VIRTUAL PROGRAMS
Visit the Teen Instagram at @AbbotLibraryTeens.
Teen Advisory Group (T.A.G.)
Tuesdays, October 6th, 13th, 20th, & 27th , 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
On the Teen Discord Server
Help the Teen Librarian create virtual programs and build the teen collection! Chat and collaborate with other teen patrons of Abbot Public Library through Discord! Sign up once through Assabet and receive your email invitation to join the Abbot Library Teens Discord Server the next business day. And be sure to login to the server at the scheduled time and dates to be a part of the future of the library’s teen department.
You will need a library card with your birth date listed to register for the program. If you do not have a library card in your name, email the Teen Librarian at email@example.com or call her at 781-631-1481, Ext. 218 to find out how to get one.
YA Book Talk: October Reads
Monday, October 19th, 3:30 pm
Via the Abbot Public Library’s YouTube Channel
Join the Teen Librarian on our YouTube Channel as she recommends YA books to get you into the mood for fall!
CURBSIDE PICKUP: HOURS AND SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
Abbot Public Library currently offers a no-contact curbside pickup service, by appointment only. Curbside Pickup Hours are Mondays through Fridays from 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm and Saturdays from 9:30 am – Noon & 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm.
Please note that the Curbside Service is constantly being updated to better serve you, so please always read the instructions carefully, both here and on the online registration, to stay current with procedures.
Here’s how the process works:
- You will be able to place holds through your online account at evergreen.noblenet.org. If you are having difficulty placing holds online, please contact the library at (781) 631-1481 during Curbside Service Hours (see above) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to register for a library card, please fill out this online form and a staff member will be in contact with you.
- Items that are available in Marblehead will be pulled within 48 hours of their request. Due to delays in interlibrary delivery service, some items will take longer to become available.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive a notification, via text, email, or phone call, according to your preference, from the library. To change your notification settings go to Account Preferences > Notification Preferences on your online account.
- Once you have received a notice that your items are available, please schedule an appointment to pick up your items. Appointments can be scheduled on Mondays through Fridays between 2:00 pm and 5:30 pm, or on Saturdays from 9:30 am – Noon and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. We ask that you wait until the library has notified you that your requested items are available before scheduling a pickup appointment.
- Call the library at (781) 631-1481 during service hours to schedule a pickup time.
- Register online with our new software, courtesy of the Friends of Abbot Library! If you receive email notifications, simply click on the registration link in your notice to be brought to our events calendar, or you can visit the library’s website and click on the “Curbside Pick-Up” button. On the registration calendar, choose the time slot that works best for you and hit “Register.” Please read the instructions carefully (they are subject to change) and fill out the registration form as completely as possible. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email confirming your appointment time. Should you need to cancel your appointment, it’s as easy as clicking on the cancellation link in your confirmation email.
- Please come to the library at your appointment time, to receive your items. Please wear a mask and follow social distancing protocols during pickup, as a safety measure to benefit all. Items will be in paper bags labelled with your last name, on a cart by the rear entrance, through the parking lot. Since this is a no-contact service, staff will not be outside. Items will already be checked out to you in advance and have a due date slip, so feel free to grab your bag and go!
Please only return items to a book return, located in front of the library on Pleasant Street, or near the rear entrance by the Maverick Street parking lot.
We are delighted to be able to offer curbside pickup service, as a way for patrons to borrow tangible items again! Please continue to check our website, Facebook page, or the Abbot Public Library Blog for updates to curbside pickup or returns procedures and hours. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time for library services, and we look forward to serving you!